12.22.2008

GRFD: A Different Kind of Session

One of my best friends, Lindsey, is married to Matt, a Grand Rapids fire fighter. For Christmas this year, she wanted to get away from the normal gifts and do something really unique for him. I was in Grand Rapids the first week of December, so Lindsey and I secretly headed to one of the downtown fire stations and I was able to get some detail shots of the fire truck & station. Lindsey ended up ordering 12 x 12 prints and got them matted and framed...Matt should be surprised! Way to be thoughtful, Lindsey.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This last photo of the truck was the last shot of the day. It was taken as the truck was pulling out of the station...the alarm had just gone off and the guys all jumped in the truck, got their gear on, and headed out to fight a fire. I am thankful for brave men who do this job day in and day out!
Canton Ohio Photography Canton Ohio Photographer Louisville Ohio Photography Louisville Ohio Photographer Ohio Wedding Photographer Ohio Children's Photographer Ohio Senior Photographer

2 comments:

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Very thoughtful gift indeed...love the B&W's...I should do more as well...a very special gift from the heart...beautiful work...

blessings,
Amy

TreasuresFromHawaii said...

I found your site through your husband's blog(I have an Etsy shop)...your work is breathtaking and soulful...

This idea was indeed thoughtful and imaginative ~ gives me ideas for cre8ive gift-giving...

Just wanted to pass on some love and let you know I felt a small connection with you reading your profile as you explained how every job you've had has been for a reason and that God has brought you to where you are~~I have felt that way often...sorry for the "book"...take care and God Bless...Dava